A Full Tank is a Well-Maintained Tank!
We always stress how important maintenance is for home heating systems – but that’s not to say the storage tank doesn’t need attention, too! One of the most important things homeowners can do to keep their tanks and, consequently, their heating equipment healthy is to avoid letting their fuel supply run low during the warmer months.
How does a full tank during the summer help?
Topping off an oil storage tank at the end of the heating season will help homeowners avoid…
- Buildup of condensation that can lead to corrosion and rusting of the tank’s interior wall.
- Clogs, caused by bacteria and sediments being drawn into the lines, will disrupt the flow of fuel.
- Running out of fuel during unexpected inclement weather.
- Wrestling with delivery schedules during times of high demand – if the tank is full before the heating season begins again, you’ll be prepared!
- Spending more on fuel costs later in the year. Purchasing your fuel during the off season will likely be easier on your wallet.
Although your heating equipment is likely already out of your mind, be sure to keep that oil storage tank full!
The easiest way to ensure a full tank is with one last fuel delivery from Fairclough Fuel if you haven’t already. Access your account to order your fuel online! Give us a call if you need any help accessing your account.